Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hunting Kentucky

We went hunting in Kentucky this last week. It was Tara's first time hunting for deer. She was able to get her hunter's safety completed a week before we went. Tara was seeing bucks right from the first morning. She passed on several small bucks until she saw this one and shot it with a 243.
I saw a lot of deet also. I did miss a big buck but was able to shot a descent buck with my 44 mag at about 50 yards. The bullet passed through the chest cavity and the buck fell right over.
Taryn and Darek had a lot of fun running around. They did go sit with Tara and myself one afternoon and we did see a buck. They both wanted me to shoot it but it was a little small. Along with that buck they saw a few does and a coyote.
We were also able to see Taryn's and Darek's Great grandpa Harry.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wahoo! Awesome job you guys! What a fun post to read. Miss you guys!

Sally said...

That is amazing!

Loni said...

Way to go!