Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference Tag

I would love to hear about peoples different conference experiences and what they got out of it. I was able to listen to some of the talks but it is hard to get everything when you have a little one running around.

Rules:
1.)Post on your blog Either a summary of what you got out of conference, a favorite talk or a summary of you favorite talk from conference.
2.)Share your testimony at the end of your post.
3.)Leave a comment on my blog so I can read what you wrote=0).

There were four things that stood out to me in conference. The first thing was that we need not be afraid and to be cheerful people. Second was we need to be active disciples of God and not just spectators. Third was Elder Hollands talk about the atonement. How Christ suffered alone so we don't have to. And the last thing that stood out to me was the talks about the Temple. How we need to attend the temple more, and also making our homes more like the temple the (home improvement talk).

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church of God. That we have a living prophet today who teaches us the word of God. I know this because of the difference the this Church has made in my life. The counsel and teachings have made a better person, has made my life more complete, and gives me purpose and answers questions that I have. I know President Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God because I can feel his love and power when he teaches. I am Profoundly greatful and amazed of all the blessing that I have received through the Church. And I know that through the atonement we can be cleansed, strengthened and comforted.

If anyone has any questions you can ask me or go to LDS.org and read some talks from conference yourself.

This tag is for anyone who wants to participate.

1 comment:

Wells Family said...

I loved all the talks......Elder Holland and Elder Hales were my favorites.......Love Dad